Add a little smoke to your Pizzeria Pronto.
While the Pizzeria Pronto is not designed for smoking, there’s a little trick that can add a wood-fired taste to your creations.
##The smoke trick.
- Get a flat, like a tuna can. Remove the label and wash thoroughly.
- Add wood shavings to a Mason jar and cover with water.
- As the shavings swell, add more water if needed.
- Once the shavings are thoroughly soaked, fill the can to the brim with shavings and add water from the jar to fill to the top
- Before you fire up the Pizzeria Pronto, remove the lid and stones. Place the can in the center of the gas ring.
- Place the stones and lid back and fire up the grill normally.
- The smoke doesn’t last long, so you’ll want to start cooking as soon as the grill is up to heat.
- The more thoroughly wet the shavings are and the more water in the can, the longer the smoke will last.
- Instead of hardwoods, I often soak a mix of 1/4 cloves to 3/4 cinnamon sticks for a sweet smoke when I baked pastry or flatbread. These are available cheap at your local Indian market.
Why buy me a coffee? No third-party ads, no affiliate links, no tracking cookies. Just honest content. Thanks.