How to create tinted black and white photos in the iPhone Photos app.
Since the early days of photography, tinting was a way to add the emotion that color brings to visceral black and white images. Images tinted in a warm sepia or cool blue can be more striking than full color images. It’s easy to turn your color images into tinted back and white in the iOS 11 Photos app. Here’s how:
- Open the image in Photos.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap Filters (three circles icon).
- For sepia, tap the Vivid Warm filter.
- For blue, tap the Vivid Cool filter.
- Tap Adjust (dial icon).
- Tap B&W.
- Use the slider to tweak the look.
- Tap Done.
Need more on mastering your iPhone camera? The Crap-Free Guide to iPhone Photography