Resyncing audio with iMovie in iOS.
There’s a horrible bug in the iOS that causes audio from Lightning or USB-connected microphones, such as the Blue Raspberry, Apogee MiC, Line 6 Sonic Port VX and Apogee One that makes it lag almost a second behind the video. Makes all your movies look like bad foreign language dubs. Fortunately it’s fixable on your iPhone or iPad in iMovie:
- Tap iMovie’s Video tab
- Tap the video to be resynced.
- Tap the Share icon below the video preview.
- From the bottom row choose Create Movie.
- Tap Create New Movie.
- Tap the Back icon to the left of the Play button.
- Pinch out until you get to maximum zoom.
- Tap the movie track twice.
- Tap Detach Audio. The audio track appears in green below the video.
- Drag the yellow box at the end of the audio track to first frame of video. Now for some noodling:
- Drag the audio track left and play. Repeat until they sync up.
- Tap Done.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Choose Save Video from bottom row.
Aligning the tracks will seem difficult the first time you do it, but it gets easier with experience.
iMovie zoom tip.
- Put an index finger on either side of the Play head and drag out.